Take part and get creative with our online family workshops. We have many fun activities and tasks to help get the creativity flowing in people of all ages, all while in the comfort of your home. Join in, have fun and let your imagination run free. From the Learning team at Aspex.
Textiles
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Hi everyone! This post is all about getting started with simple embroidery techniques.
Hi everyone. It’s Jordan this time for Family Saturdays at Home I’m showing you how to finger paint! You will need: - A small amount of paint - Paper - Pens - You'll need to plan for messy fingers too! After making different shapes and patterns with the paint, I waited for it to dry to draw them into animals! Here I've created shapes out of paint and I'm waiting for it to dry! It shouldn't take too long if the paint is quite thin. These are animals I've drawn! What will you make? I also created a family portrait gallery! Don ’ t forget to share your artwork with us on Instagram by tagging @aspex_takepart and using the hashtag #AspexatHome
In this post, we will be making simple and playful peg animals with the help of Jordan! Here is what you'll need: - Pegs - Paper - Pens - Glue - Scissors Firstly you need to draw around the peg in its open position. Next draw in all your animal/mythological creature details. Best to just keep to the head and facial details. Ivy just wanted to keep hers simple and colour it in. So add in any colour and decoration. You can use lots of different craft materials if you have any. If not, think of things like tin foil, tape, flowers, grass and other things you have around the house you can stick or tape down. You will then need to cut your animal out. As you can see I have cut Ivy’s in half so I can stick the top and bottom separately. This will allow them to move. Next, add glue to the peg or your cut out and stick them together. You can also use tape or string to stick/tie the bits onto th...
Hello and welcome to our last Family Saturdays at Home. Today we’re going to be making a paper pulp mixture and using it to sculpt dinosaur chimeras. You will need: - Shredded paper - Salt - Flour - A kettle - A hand blender If you don’t have a hand blender it might be a good idea to repeat the paper soaking process over a couple of days. You can use torn up newspaper if you don’t have shredded paper. To make your paper pulp get a grown-up to cover the paper shreddings with boiling water and leave it overnight. After leaving it to soak for 24 hrs use the hand blender to break it up into a pulp. Make sure to get a grown-up to help you with this bit. Next, squeeze out all the liquid from your pulp so that it looks like this and add flour until you get a mouldable dough consistency. Design your dino chimera from parts of other dinosaurs. Lay out your mixture and then start to sculpt, just like clay! Leave to dry - I put cardboard under the bits that needed support and added ce...
Comments
Post a Comment